Badge

Fellowship of Christian Bloggers

Monday, May 9, 2011

Judging the Church

Judging the Church

Two clear and inescapable truths of the scriptures, first, the sins of the world are none of our business and second sin in the Church is big business. I Corinthians 5: 9-12 reads, “I have written you in my letter not to associate with sexually immoral people— not at all meaning the people of this world who are immoral, or the greedy and swindlers, or idolaters. In that case you would have to leave this world. But now I am writing you that you must not associate with anyone who calls himself a brother but is sexually immoral or greedy, an idolater or a slanderer, a drunkard or a swindler. With such a man do not even eat. What business is it of mine to judge those outside the church? Are you not to judge those inside? God will judge those outside. Expel the wicked man from among you.”
The Church of Jesus Christ is called to be Holy. It is not a social institution or a public club. It is in fact a closed family system that has forms of discipline. Hebrews 13:17 reads, “Obey those who rule over you, and be submissive, for they watch out for your souls, as those who must give account. Let them do so with joy and not with grief, for that would be unprofitable for you.” In this day of easy believing minus the pains of repentance it is important to remind the shepherds of the folk that we have to give and account for the flocks that we have been entrusted with. It important to remind the saints of your Godly responsibility, and it is a measure of faith to trust God with the disciple of souls as well. The Apostle Paul said, in 1 Corinthians 5 3-5 “Even though I am not physically present, I am with you in spirit. And I have already passed judgment on the one who did this, just as if I were present. When you are assembled in the name of our Lord Jesus and I am with you in spirit, and the power of our Lord Jesus is present, hand this man over to Satan, so that the sinful nature may be destroyed and his spirit saved on the day of the Lord.” Do we trust the Lord’s ability to save a soul on the day of the Lord or will we continue to rescue the wayward saint so they never come to their senses? Luke 15:17.

No comments:

Post a Comment